• Important Information about Lead Paint Poisoning

    The story of lead paint goes back thousands of years, when early civilizations discovered how useful the heavy metal was. In the 19 th century, lead was added to paint (especially exterior paint) because of its strength, durability, and the way it enhanced the paint’s color and performance. Unfortunately, lead exposure can have numerous damaging effects on the body. In adults, it is not uncommon to experience emotional symptoms such as aggressiveness. In high doses, lead poisoning can cause coma and even death. The real danger is when children are exposed to lead paint poisoning, as low levels can cause long-term developmental issues, including brain defects.

    Watch this video to learn more about the dangers of lead paint poisoning. If your home or commercial building uses lead paint, contact a lead paint removal company in San Francisco . And if you aren’t sure about the type of paint on your home or business, a lead paint testing company can find out. Lead paint removal can be dangerous, so leave it to a professional.

  • Read Our Reviews To See Why We’re The Best Choice

    There is nothing more important to us than our customers! Check out our latest reviews on Yelp to read about why they love Safe Air Fast and leave a review about your experience.

    “Kathy from Safe Air Fast Environmental was great in promptly setting up a same day testing and inspection of some linoleum tile that needed to be removed.” – Amond S

    . Safe Air Fast San Francisco

  • Understanding the Health Problems Associated with Black Mold

    While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce mycotoxins, the molds themselves are not toxic or poisonous. However, that doesn’t mean that certain types of “toxic molds” can’t cause serious health problems. In fact, there are reports that Stachybotrys chartarum (black mold) causes memory loss in adults in acute pulmonary hemorrhaging among infants. The sooner you have your home or business tested for black mold , the sooner the mold will be removed, and the less likely you will be to suffer from the following health problems.

    Respiratory Difficulties
    People living in homes or working in businesses with toxic mold are exposed mainly through breathing in mold spores and mycotoxins in the air. Exposure to black mold can cause minor respiratory difficulties such as shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing. Long-term exposure can lead to more serious difficulties, including pulmonary edema (swelling of the lungs) and pulmonary hemorrhage (bleeding in the lungs).

    Black Mold San Francisco

    Circulatory Difficulties
    The mycotoxins produced by black mold can be breathed in, ingested, or absorbed through a person’s skin. After prolonged exposure, these mycotoxins find their way into the person’s bloodstream. The circulatory difficulties stemming from black mold exposure include irregular heartbeat, heart inflammation, internal bleeding, and blood clots. If your doctor has diagnosed any such circulatory problems, schedule a mold inspection today.

    Mycotoxins also suppress the human body’s immune system, which is why many immunosuppressive drugs are created from toxic molds. If you suspect that your home or workplace has black mold and you more easily get infections or sickness, contact a mold remediation company in San Francisco to test your residence or building for mold.

    Chronic Fatigue
    Prolonged exposure to black mold may cause the immune system to release a sedative called Chloral Hydrate, which is used as a defense to slow down the effects of toxic black mold in the bloodstream. Chloral Hydrate also causes chronic fatigue, drowsiness, muscle pain, joint pain, and recurring cold or flu like symptoms. If you notice these signs, hire a mold removal company to inspect your home or business for mold and remove anything they find.