Lead poisoning is a serious concern for families with young children, particularly those that live in older homes. Children can be exposed to lead by inhaling or swallowing it, or by absorbing it through the skin. Once lead enters into a child’s body, it is distributed throughout the tissues, causing widespread damage and a variety of symptoms. If you have young children or you’re an expectant parent, contact a company that offers lead paint testing in San Francisco. By testing your home and arranging for lead paint removal , if necessary, you can protect your youngsters from acute and chronic lead poisoning.
It’s common for kids who have been exposed to lead to not display any symptoms of lead poisoning. This is one reason why you should call a company about lead paint testing despite the absence of symptoms. When kids do display symptoms, they can include headaches, fatigue, and a metallic taste in the mouth. They may experience gastrointestinal symptoms, including abdominal pain, constipation, vomiting, or nausea. Parents might also observe loss of appetite, weight loss, and pale skin caused by anemia. Children may complain of muscle and joint pain or weakness, and they may suffer from seizures.
Lead paint removal is essential for eliminating the possibility of behavioral and cognitive changes among kids . Behavioral problems may be accompanied by irritability and difficulty concentrating. Some children may appear to be inattentive, while others are hyperactive. Lead poisoning may easily be mistaken for the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
When children are exposed to lead for a prolonged period of time, additional health problems can develop. They may have delayed muscle and bone growth, impaired muscle coordination. Seizures followed by unconsciousness may occur, and children may suffer from hearing loss and damage to the nervous system or kidneys. Developmental delays, and speech and language problems are also associated with exposure to lead paint.