If an environmental test reveals that your home or business contains asbestos, lead, or mold, you will need to hire licensed professionals to remove the threat and prevent future exposure by your family or employees/customers. A licensed environmental testing and consulting company, such as San Francisco’s Safe Air Fast Environmental, can provide you with fast and accurate test results so you can get started on the cleanup as soon as possible.
Dangers of Asbestos, Lead, and Mold
Even if you take all the precautions in the world to protect your family or employees, there may be a silent killer in your home or business. Consider the dangers of living with asbestos, lead, and mold and contact Safe Air Fast Environmental for testing.
- Asbestos exposure can lead to serious health problems including difficulty breathing, fluid inside the lungs, lung cancer, and mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, chest cavity, or abdomen.
- Lead exposure is not harmful or problematic in small doses and short intervals, but lead poisoning can occur when lead build up in the body over a period of months or years. In children, lead poisoning can result in learning difficulties, developmental delay, and slow growth. At high levels, lead poisoning can be fatal.
- Mold exposure has varying effects on the human body and depends on the type of mold and the general health of the person exposed to the mold. One of the most dangerous types of mold is Stachybotrys chartarum, also known as toxic black mold. Prolonged exposure to black mold may cause blindness, memory loss, internal bleeding, brain damage, cancer, and death.
Tips for Hiring a Remediation Contractor
Safe Air Fast Environmental will deliver your environmental test results as quickly as we receive word from the lab. If the results of your mold inspection or lead survey are positive, use these tips when hiring a remediation contractor in San Francisco:
- Get more than one estimate from licensed remediation contractors in your area
- Ask for references and a portfolio of recent work
- Give preference to remediators who offer a warranty on their services
- Make sure the contractor is insured before you allow any work to be done
Post-Cleanup Clearance Testing
After the remediation or abatement contractor finishes up in your home or business, schedule a post-cleanup clearance inspection with Safe Air Fast Environmental. Our comprehensive lead, asbestos, and mold inspection services will tell you for certain whether or not your contractor was successful. Call us at (415) 813-4144 to schedule black mold testing, asbestos testing, or lead testing in San Francisco.